The Isivande Women’s Fund is an exclusive fund that aims to accelerate black economic empowerment by providing more affordable, usable and responsive finance than is currently available. It was originally aimed at women only but opened up now for all black persons in South Africa.
The IWF assists with support services to enhance the success of businesses. It pursues deals involving start-up funding, business expansion, business rehabilitation, franchising and bridging finance.
The Fund is managed by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) on behalf of the DTI through a development fund manager.
IDF Managers is an SME financier aimed at supporting the creation of self-sustaining black and owned businesses in South Africa by providing primarily financial and non-financial support to our investee companies.
To qualify for funding, the women enterprises have to meet the following criteria:
- At least 6 months in operation;
- Requires early stage, expansions and growth capital;
- 50% plus one share owned and managed by a black person;
- Have potential for growth and commercial sustainability; and
- Improved social impact in the form of job creation.
You are invited to submit your applications if you require funding between the values of R30,000 to R2 million.
Apply through Funding Connection
At Funding Connection we understand the complexities of the various funding agencies, and the unique application criteria for each. We have assisted numerous entrepreneurs through the application process to access funds like this for business growth, and we can assist you with the same.
- If you would like to begin the application process through us, please start by filling out our free assessment.
- If you do not yet have a business plan in place, we can help you create a viable and fundable business plan.
- If you have already begun the process and would like to consult with us, or need a business plan review, please click here to contact us
- And to keep in touch with the latest funding news and opportunities, you can subscribe to our free Funding Connection Newsletter.
Sign up today and be the first to get notified on news about Funding.